MYKONOS: SEA AND FLAVORS, SIRTAKI-STYLE
Beach, Fun, 1
If you want to experience the sea like a local, Platys Gialos beach has everything you need. You'll also taste the louza, a local sausage, and other specialties, in a sea view restaurant. Then it's time to dance: you can take a class in sirtaki, the traditional Greek dance.
- Platys Gialos beach with food tasting
- City of Mykonos: white houses and blue roofs
- Get ready to walk on the sand at Platys Gialos, a large beach with loungers, beach umbrellas and bars. You'll have a few hours to do what you want and enjoy the beach at your leisure.
- A selection of local dishes awaits you. A few examples are: Louza, a local sausage, and melitzanosalata, an eggplant salad. And, obviously, local wine.
- Soundtrack: sirtaki, the typical local dance, which you can even learn to dance for yourself. And not only that, you'll take home the best souvenir of your vacation: a photo of you with the sirtaki dancers, which we'll deliver to you on board.
- Finally, a visit to the City of Mykonos, for a stroll among the whitewashed houses with blue roofs, Orthodox churches and town squares dotted with craft workshops. You'll have some free time here. Don't be surprised if you come across the odd pelican on the streets of the capital! What are they doing here? Search for the moving story of Petros the pelican to find out.
Good to know
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- We provide umbrellas and beach loungers for adults. Children will share their parents' beach lounger.
- The beach has a ramp and restrooms for wheelchair users.
- During the tour, a local guide will provide you with assistance and information.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.