TORTOLA BY LAND AND SEA
Sightseen, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking, 51
Discover Tortola and the surrounding islands, admiring the incredible panoramic views of the Caribbean before taking trips on a boat and then a safari bus, not forgetting a stop for photos and a pleasant stroll for some shopping in a colourful market.
- Cruise around the archipelago
- South coast of Tortola
- Islands of Salt, Peter and Norman
- Saint John island
- Safari bus tour Road Town and hinterland
- Ridge road
- Shopping at the Crafts Alive Village
- We start our excursion at the port with a relaxing cruise between the magnificent islands in the archipelago, cutting through the glistening waters of the Caribbean Sea.
- We will admire the south coast of the island of Tortola and the almost uninhabited surrounding coral islands of Salt, Peter and Norman, a famous haven for legendary pirates and buccaneers.
- Our journey takes us across the archipelago to the island of St John, which belongs to the U.S. Virgin Islands, preserved as a nature reserve by Laurance Rockefeller.
- We then drop anchor at Road Town bay, where the second part of our tour begins.
- We get on a safari bus or coaster bus and continue with a sightseeing tour of Road Town, capital of the island of Tortola where we admire the unique combination of Caribbean and colonial architecture. We then drive along the Ridge Road, which offers spectacular views of the island and surrounding archipelago.
- On the way back, we make a few stops for photos and capture some of the wonderful views that are one of the island's biggest attractions.
- We end the excursion with some free time at the Crafts Alive Village, a teeming collection of shops in the shade of large trees where we can wander and maybe purchase a few souvenirs.
Good to know
- Minimum age: 3 years.
- This excursion will be led in English.