EXCURSION TO THE TWIN AND HIBISCUS FALLS
Active & adventurous, Less than 1 hour walking
An unmissable excursion to discover the unspoilt nature on the island of Dominica as well as three of its amazing waterfalls, diving into their crystal-clear waters for a relaxing regenerating dip.
- Hibiscus Falls: swim in the crystal-clear waters of its natural pool
- Refreshing drink and seasonal fruit
- Trafalgar Falls (Twin Falls) in the rainforest and dip
- We start our excursion by crossing the rainforest on a coach for a 45 minute transfer to the easily-accessible Hibiscus Falls.
- Here, we savour a refreshing drink and enjoy a platter of seasonal fruit.
- We can choose whether to admire the falls from above or climb down the steps and reach the natural pool at the bottom of the waterfall to take a dip in its crystal-clear waters.
- The next stop are the impressive Trafalgar Falls, also known as Twin Falls. Both waterfalls are generated by the Breakfast River, affluent of the Roseau River and are commonly referred to as “Papa Falls” (the higher one on the left, 38 m) and “Mama Falls (the lower one on the right, 22 m).
- A short walk through the forest takes us to the first waterfall but, with a little extra effort up a moderate slope, we can reach the second one.
- Here too we get some free time to go for a swim in the amazing water surrounded by the lush greenery of the unspoilt rainforest.
Good to know
- There are 56 steps to reach the Hibiscus Falls.