CANOPY TOUR: FLYING OVER TORTOLA'S TROPICAL RAINFOREST
Giro turistico, Underholdning
We will soar above the treetops enjoying the amazing landscapes as if we had our very own wings; we will be securely attached with safety harnesses and monitored by trained staff. Fun is guaranteed for young and old!
What we will see
- Road Town
- Johnson's Ghut hill
- Original Virgin Canopy Tour
- Zip lining over the forest
- Ridge Road
What we will do
- Once we have disembarked, a coach will take us through Road Town to the top of Johnson's Ghut, a hill located a short distance from the city.
- Then we will reach the destination of our excursion: the site of the Original Virgin Canopy Tour, a breathtaking attraction similar to a zip line which will literally send us soaring over the canopy, enjoying fabulous views of the tropical rainforest, Road Harbour bay and even the other islands in the archipelago in the distance.
- When we get to the start of the route, the staff will conduct a safety briefing and help us to put on our harness, helmet and gloves before launching ourselves off on our adventure, with solid clips attaching us to two robust cables that stretch from one platform to the other.
- Feeling like we are flying through the air, we will experience the thrill of soaring over the island while the treetops pass below our feet and it seems as though we can reach out and touch the sky. The route is suitable for people of all ages and adrenaline and safety go hand in hand here!
- After the circuit, we will have some free time to relax and enjoy the spectacular views before returning to the coach.
- On the return journey, we will drive along scenic Ridge Road with its panoramic views before travelling down towards the port of Road Town.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- Maximum weight: 120 kg.
- Minimum age: 5 years old.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to take part in this excursion.
- We recommend wearing closed shoes.
- To ensure safety, harnesses and helmets must be worn properly.
- All guests must complete and sign a release of liability form.